In Argentina, this day is widely recognized to support female rights. Especially here in Buenos Aires, it’s focused on the positive development of the young women within the community. Here is an example of one of the programs “Mission statement”:
1. BELIEVE in our gifts and talents, using them to create a better world.
2. RELINQUISH negativity and build personal power.
3. RADIATE joy and confidence, choosing to be a powerful force for good.
4. STAND as receivers, keepers, and givers of love and compassion.
5. HOLD FAST to truth and moral values, and teach children to stand strong.
6. SEIZE opportunities for growth and leadership while living with passion and purpose.
7. CONNECT with other women to advance worthy causes.
8. SEEK opportunities for meaningful service, touching hearts and changing lives.
9. REACH OUT to enlighten the minds and empower the hearts of women everywhere.
10. DREAM big dreams and make those dreams our destiny.
WOMEN, THIS IS OUR TIME.
By Paula Fellingham and Annette Stanwick
Something that was new to me was Having to depend mostly on body language and personality in regards to which vendor I spoke with.
In english speaking countries, I could read the sign or recognize a familiar local symbol and quickly decide if I wanted to approach the vendor or even slow down for the eye contact. It was mind opening to depend mostly on pictures and body language of the representatives to decide if I cared to be a part of what they were sharing. Were they smiling and dancing around? Chanting with a forceful tone… Or ignoring the public and just keeping to themselves?
La Casa Rosada (The Pink House) is the official executive mansion of Argentina and is considered one of the most emblematic buildings in Buenos Aires. It also has a museum, with objects related to the presidents of the country. It has been declared a National Historic Monument of Argentina.
They have several priceless photos of politcians from a variety of countries, both present and past. Here are a few of the ones that caught my attention (this is not a direct representation of my political beliefs).